- 1 Required Equipment for Sparring
- 2 Here Our Top List 35 Best Boxing Sparring Gear – Editor’s Choice
- 2.1 Top 12 Best Boxing Gloves For Sparring
- 2.1.1 1# Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- 2.1.2 2# Liberlupus Kids Boxing Gloves for Kids and Youth
- 2.1.3 3# Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 2.1.4 4# Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
- 2.1.5 5# Hayabusa S4 Boxing Gloves
- 2.1.6 6# Cleto Reyes Hook & Loop Training Gloves
- 2.1.7 7# Ringside Apex Flash Sparring Gloves
- 2.1.8 8# Trideer Pro Grade Boxing Gloves Sparring Training Gloves
- 2.1.9 9# Brace Master MMA Gloves Sparring UFC Boxing Gloves
- 2.1.10 10# ZTTY Sparring Training Fight Gloves Boxing Gloves Kickboxing Muay Thai
- 2.1.11 11# Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Sparring Gloves Muay Thai
- 2.1.12 12# KUYOU Kids Sparring Boxing Gloves
- 2.2 Топ 14 Best Boxing Headgear for Sparring
- 2.2.1 13# RDX Cascos Boxeo MMA Kickboxing Sparring Casco Protector
- 2.2.2 14# Everlast Everfresh Head Gear
- 2.2.3 15# Venum Challenger 2.0 Headgear
- 2.2.4 16# MaxxMMA Headgear Sparring Boxing MMA Training Kickboxing
- 2.2.5 17# SANJOIN Boxing Headgear Leather Head Guard Sparring Helmet for Boxing
- 2.2.6 18# Elite Sports Boxing MMA Sparring Kickboxing Headgear for Men
- 2.2.7 19# Sanabul Essential Professional Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
- 2.2.8 20# FitsT4 Boxing Sparring Helmet Fighting Training Headgear
- 2.2.9 21# Sposuit Boxing Sparring Headgear
- 2.2.10 22# Hayabusa T3 MMA Sparring Headgear
- 2.2.11 23# Title Boxing Classic USA Boxing Competition Headgear
- 2.2.12 24# Title Boxing Classic Coverage Headgear 2.0
- 2.2.13 25# adidas Full Face Protection Boxing Headgear
- 2.2.14 26# Flexzion MMA Headgear Sparring Taekwondo Karate Fighting Sports Boxing
- 2.3 Топ 9 Best Boxing Mouth Guard for Sparring
- 2.3.1 27# Venum Challenger Mouthguard
- 2.3.2 28# Oral Mart Sports Youth Mouth Guard for Kids
- 2.3.3 29# Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouth Guard Youth & Adult
- 2.3.4 30# SISU Mouth Guards Aero Custom Fit Sports Mouthguard
- 2.3.5 31# Shock Doctor Pro Mouth Guard for Boxing
- 2.3.6 32# Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard
- 2.3.7 33# OPRO Power-Fit Mouthguard
- 2.3.8 34# Ringside Deluxe Mouthguard Deluxe Fang
- 2.3.9 35# Fight Dentist Mouth Guard
- 2.1 Top 12 Best Boxing Gloves For Sparring
A training fight, in other words, sparring, is an integral part of any boxer. The absence of a task, the maximum proximity to a real battle, its main difference from working in pairs. Unlike training, strikes in sparring are allowed with full force. A practice fight partner is called a sparring partner. Sparring is the most important stage in fighter education. Sparring goes further than hitting and defending. This is where you learn to fight. You can see your pros and cons, what you do and what you don’t. You will understand exactly what needs to be improved in combat technique.
Required Equipment for Sparring
It is the main element of boxing equipment. This is the only piece of equipment that serves for the attack. With experience comes the understanding that a lot also depends on the choice of boxing gloves for sparring and competition. It is best to use gloves of well-known world brands, they exactly repeat the anatomy of the fist, and also minimize the chances of injuring the hand or injuring an opponent.
They serve two purposes:
- Strengthening the impact, because of the heavier the hand, the more damage caused by the impact.
- Protection of hands during combat and training. There is a heavy load on the hands, and therefore it is necessary to prevent knockout and fractures of the bones of the hand during an attack.
One of the important characteristics is the weight of this equipment. As a rule, it is selected in accordance with the weight of the athlete himself – the heavier the boxer, the more equipment should weigh.
For additional protection of the hands from possible damage, bandages should be used, preferably long ones – fixing each finger. They will also protect your gloves from unpleasant odors since the boxer’s hands sweat a lot during training, and some of the moisture will be absorbed by the bandages.
No boxing outfit is complete without this detail. Bandages are wound under gloves to protect the hand from dislocation. In addition, they perfectly absorb moisture, which prevents it from settling on the inner layer of the gloves, which helps to extend the life of the accessories. Some boxers practice punches without gloves, only wrapping bandages around their hands.
Bandages can be of different lengths. As standard, the length of the bandage should correspond to the size of the hand, but experienced athletes are advised to take longer. After all, it is better to wrap your hand a few extra times than to leave part of it bare. Wrap the bandages tightly, but do not overtighten the wrist so as not to disrupt blood circulation. The material of manufacture is cotton fabric or it, but with the addition of synthetic fibers. The latter allows the skin to breathe but wear out too quickly.
Another important piece of equipment that should always be worn is the sparring helmet. It partially absorbs and absorbs shocks. Each precise blow to the head causes micro-concussions of the brain, and the brain is the main center of body control, which will still be useful to you. The head is the most important part of the human body, and during a fight, blows are poured not only on the arms and body but also falls on it. That is why boxing equipment necessarily includes a protective element for it – a helmet.
Protective helmets for martial arts are made, most often, of genuine leather. Inside, there is always a filler that softens even the toughest blows of the enemy.
There are several types of equipment available:
- Open to protect the forehead and ears while providing excellent visibility. They are used during performances by amateur boxers.
- With closed cheeks provides a higher degree of protection. It is used during preparation.
- With full protection, suitable for preparing beginners during sparring sessions. Provides complete protection for the athlete’s head.
The protective bumper with nose protection is specially designed to protect the boxer’s face from damage as much as possible. It is used during the training of non-professional athletes who boxer periodically and do not want to have a broken nose. The helmet is fixed to the head by means of Velcro or lacing, which provides a more secure and snug fit. Fastens with a strap under the chin.
When choosing a helmet, special attention should be paid to its comfort. The helmet should provide protection not only for the face but also for the back of the head, temples, and ears. Therefore, before buying, you need to try on this piece of equipment. The helmet should sit tightly on the head, not slip or move from side to side. Firstly, this closes the view, which is important during the fight, and secondly, it can contribute to injury if it moves during the opponent’s strike.
It is indispensable equipment for boxing, an attribute that helps to protect the teeth. It absorbs about 40% of the impact force. Boxers without mouthguards are not allowed into the ring either in big or amateur sports. The main functions of the mouth guard:
- Protection of teeth from knocking out and chipping.
- Preventing cuts and bite wounds in the mouth.
- Absorption of the force of the opponent’s blow. When it hits the jaw, the force of the blow passes from it to the temples, which is life-threatening.
The mouthguards are one-sided and two-jawed. The former only protect the upper jaw. If you adjust the shape of the mouth guard correctly, then it will practically not be felt in the mouth. Such protection is chosen by experienced boxers since the lower jaw practically does not suffer during the fight. Doubles are used by beginners. They provide protection not only for the upper but also for the lower jaw. The disadvantage is that breathing is difficult when using such an accessory. But they provide maximum protection, which is used by beginners and women at the training level.
According to the manufacturing method, mouthguards are:
- Cast. These are the cheapest structures that are poorly fixed and provide incomplete protection. They are cheap, but it will be more expensive to insert teeth later.
- Thermoplastic is the most common type of structure. Perfectly fit the bite and jaw of the athlete, just heat them in hot water, insert them into the mouth and bite. Provide maximum protection, excellent jaw fixation, and shock absorption. They are subdivided into hard and soft.
- Individual ones are made according to an individual mold of the boxer’s jaw. These mouthguards are used by famous athletes who can afford to make custom-made accessories.
Common materials for the manufacture of structures are:
- Thermoplastic. Durable and flexible. When heated, it is easily deformed into the desired shape.
- The gel material is very soft and can therefore be bitten through. In thermoplastic multi-layer mouthguards, it is used as a cushion between the layers, which increases the shock-absorbing properties of the structure.
- Rubber mouthguards are very stiff and have inferior cushioning properties. Suitable only for professional athletes who can put a good block.
When practicing boxing, the form is also of great importance. As a rule, these are shorts and a jersey, which provide the boxer with maximum comfort during training and fighting. The shape should be chosen based on its own dimensions. The jersey must have a wide enough arm cut to allow complete freedom of movement for the athlete. To avoid an unpleasant blow below the waist, a special strip is made between the parts, which protects the groin – a bandage.
Shorts should have a wide elastic waist that will prevent them from slipping during intense exertion. The jersey is tailored so that the straps do not fall off during the fight. It is made of synthetic fabric that does not absorb moisture but brings it out. The most common is satin polyester.
This is one of the most important pieces of equipment. After all, the effectiveness of the battle depends on how firmly he stands on his feet. Regular sneakers, even very light ones, will interfere with constantly moving. Therefore, boxers have been specially developed for martial arts. These are special shoes, lightweight, anatomically adjusted to the shape of the foot. The outsole is made of quality rubber to provide excellent traction on the ring surface. The upper is available in mesh or perforated leather. Good boxing equipment should provide excellent ventilation for your feet.
There are three types of shoes:
- Long – to the middle of the lower leg.
- Medium – covering the ankle.
- Short – to the bone on the leg.
- The height of the boxers does not affect comfort.
TOP 5 Best Manufacturers of Boxing Uniforms
Clothing should be made of high-quality materials, durable, and not impede the movement of the fighter. We offer TOP-5 of the best manufacturers, which have long established themselves as the best in the boxing equipment market:
- Everlast is an American brand specializing in the production of uniforms for various sports, including boxing. Today boxing clothing, equipment, and equipment of this brand are recognized as the world market leader among other manufacturers.
- Hayabusa is another famous brand that has established itself as a benchmark for quality, convenience, and high technology.
- Venum is a Brazilian sportswear brand. Boxing equipment of this brand embodies all the necessary functional and technical properties for the comfort of the athlete.
- Winning is a Japanese company and has gained popularity as a manufacturer of sports equipment. The boxing kit of this brand is distinguished by the fact that it is made exclusively by hand, using the highest quality and modern materials.
- Twins Special is a brand that specializes in the production of Muay Thai equipment. In addition, the brand is engaged in the production of uniforms for amateur boxing.
Here Our Top List 35 Best Boxing Sparring Gear – Editor’s Choice
Top 12 Best Boxing Gloves For Sparring
1# Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
2# Liberlupus Kids Boxing Gloves for Kids and Youth
3# Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
4# Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
5# Hayabusa S4 Boxing Gloves
6# Cleto Reyes Hook & Loop Training Gloves
7# Ringside Apex Flash Sparring Gloves
8# Trideer Pro Grade Boxing Gloves Sparring Training Gloves
9# Brace Master MMA Gloves Sparring UFC Boxing Gloves
10# ZTTY Sparring Training Fight Gloves Boxing Gloves Kickboxing Muay Thai
11# Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Sparring Gloves Muay Thai
12# KUYOU Kids Sparring Boxing Gloves
Топ 14 Best Boxing Headgear for Sparring
13# RDX Cascos Boxeo MMA Kickboxing Sparring Casco Protector
14# Everlast Everfresh Head Gear
15# Venum Challenger 2.0 Headgear
16# MaxxMMA Headgear Sparring Boxing MMA Training Kickboxing
17# SANJOIN Boxing Headgear Leather Head Guard Sparring Helmet for Boxing
18# Elite Sports Boxing MMA Sparring Kickboxing Headgear for Men
19# Sanabul Essential Professional Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
20# FitsT4 Boxing Sparring Helmet Fighting Training Headgear
21# Sposuit Boxing Sparring Headgear
22# Hayabusa T3 MMA Sparring Headgear
23# Title Boxing Classic USA Boxing Competition Headgear
24# Title Boxing Classic Coverage Headgear 2.0
25# adidas Full Face Protection Boxing Headgear
26# Flexzion MMA Headgear Sparring Taekwondo Karate Fighting Sports Boxing
Топ 9 Best Boxing Mouth Guard for Sparring
27# Venum Challenger Mouthguard
28# Oral Mart Sports Youth Mouth Guard for Kids
29# Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouth Guard Youth & Adult
30# SISU Mouth Guards Aero Custom Fit Sports Mouthguard
31# Shock Doctor Pro Mouth Guard for Boxing
32# Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard
33# OPRO Power-Fit Mouthguard
34# Ringside Deluxe Mouthguard Deluxe Fang
35# Fight Dentist Mouth Guard
European and world record holder in different versions: UPO (EPA, IPA), WPC, GPF, UDFPF (WDFPF), WPA and others.
- World and European Powerlifting and Bench Press Absolute Champion
- More than 50 world records
- Master of Sports of International Class
Affiliate Disclosure: Sportegan.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Ebay, Everlast, Cleto Reyes, RingSide, Winning, Title, Twins Special, Hayabusa, Fairtex, Top King, Venum, RevGear, RDX, Century, Tapout, Crossrope, and others. Clicking a link helps keep Sportegan.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our website is checked and edited by a professional and expert in the field of sports (boxing, athletics and weightlifting). Nikolai Sergeev is a multiple world champion and record holder: during his sports career Nikolai set more than 50 world records among youth, juniors, adults, in different weight categories and in different versions (NPA, IPA, WPC, GPF, WUAP, WPA, IPO, RPS, etc.). The author has more than 30 victories and more than 30 gold medals received at competitions of the international level, the European and World championships. Read more at «About» page. Official website / Wikipedia.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.